“You don’t build a business, you build people, then people build the business.Zig Ziglar
Localising a business venture in a local community can be very daunting. It brings about more pressure than setting up the same business in an urbanised community where you can boast of a large customer turnout. However, the internet has made it easier for customers, online, to discover local entrepreneurs within their communities. The question is how can local entrepreneurs attract online customers to their local businesses?
Here are simple ways you can attract customers to your local business; by leveraging the power of the internet:
1. Google Business Listing
Google Business Profile is a free business listing from Google. It allows you to provide details and photos of your local business, including your location, services, and products. Creating this free profile is a great way to increase your visibility across Google services. It will help you target customers within your locality, and possibly in neighbouring communities too.
Click this link to learn more about Google business listing HERE
Claiming your Google Business Listing right away is the easiest and fastest way to get started. It’s an important step that will help you capture and attract more customers in no time. This is because Google has access to millions of people searching for local businesses every day. You can claim your listing on any platform that has access to Google Maps, including mobile devices and desktop computers. However, this feature isn’t available in all countries. Why not try this now?
2. Google Ads
Google Ads is a great way to get and attract more online customers. Google Ads is an advertising program that helps businesses reach the right audience and make more sales.
With Google Ads, you can create ads that will appear in the search results of your target markets. This means that when someone searches for your product or service online, you’re going to be there! You can also set up conversion tracking so that you know how many people clicked on each ad and converted it into customers.
You can read more Google ads HERE
3. Business Directories
It’s important to get listed in local business directories. A listing in a local business directory is the first step toward attracting online customers because it’s one of the best ways to reach potential customers who are looking for local businesses like yours. It is different from Google Ads.
A business directory is a website or printed listing of information which lists businesses within niche based categories. Businesses can be categorized by niche, location, activity, or size. Business may be compiled either manually or through an automated online search software.wikipedia
The best place to start is with a list of the most popular local business directories
4. Use Geo-Targeting on Social Media
Geo-targeting is a powerful tool that can help you attract local customers. Here is the usefulness of this tool:
- Target people in your area or locality. This could be a radius of 1 mile around your local business or even as small as an individual street within a city block or half-mile radius.
- Target people in specific cities and states if you want to reach out to them specifically, but not everyone who lives nearby will be interested in what you have to offer! For example: If someone lives within walking distance of your store and they’ve indicated interest on Facebook or Instagram before but haven’t visited yet then geotargeting might be just what they need! You could also target those who live outside any particular community or locality because they may not know where else there are businesses like yours (or vice versa).
- When it comes right down to it though…just pick one place where people will most likely find value online first…and start there!
5. Ask for Reviews
You can ask for reviews on your website (if you have one), social media and email newsletters. And if you don’t want to do it yourself, ask a friend or family member who has dealt with previous clients to post a positive review about the local business.
If you’re not sure how much effort this will take or where the best places are to ask for reviews from online customers, we’ve got ideas:
- Ask them via email. Email is one of the most popular ways that people communicate today—and it’s also easy! Just send an email like “Would love an honest review?” or “How did our service go last time?” Include links so they can leave feedback right away (or at least soon after).
- Post notices on social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Whatsapp or any relevant pages where your potential customers may be active when researching local businesses before making any decisions about which ones they should visit first if possible.”
To attract online customers, you need to work on your local business’s profile. Make sure that you have a website or active social media accounts that are easy to navigate and understand. You should also include information about what type of goods and services your company offers so people who are looking for those services will find it easier than if they were trying to find them by themselves. This can be done through social media marketing as well as Google AdWords ads or other ads like Facebook Ads that target specific demographics by age group or interests.
Another important step would be getting listed in local directories like Yelp so people who are looking for local businesses know about your company without having to Google first!
If this post is helpful, why not join our newsletters, share and like? Let’s know what we can do to help your local business grow today.